Properly Warming Up, Stretching & Cooling Down
Prevent Muscle, Tendon and Joint Injuries
The sports season is in full swing. Proper warming up, stretching and cooling down is crucial to your game ready physique as well as presenting possible muscle, tendon and joint injuries.
Warming Up Muscles
- Elevates your heart rate
- Gets movement to the joints
- Gets blood flowing into your muscles and connective tissues.
- Together these help reduce injury and enhance the recovery of your muscles.
- Hold each stretch for 30 seconds for maximum physical release.
- Hold steady as you stretch. A common mistake is bouncing, which can cause injury.
Cooling Down Muscles
A brief cooling down period after exertion helps muscles and connective tissues return to their normal state, reducing the possibility for muscle and tendon injuries.
During the sports season you can help maintain your body and good health with regular chiropractic adjustments. Studies show that chiropractic adjustments can help improve athletic performance. Contact us for more information and make an appointment.