Six Simple Weight Loss Habits
Small Changes That Create Big Results!!
These six simple habits are easy to develop. You'll lose weight and feel so much healthier. In addition to looking more fit and trim, you'll feel more energetic, sleep better and slow the effects of aging.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of filtered water a day will flush the toxins in the fat cells. You can lose up to a pant or dress size by doing this alone. It will get rid of visible cellulite. Also by drinking a glass of water in the morning just after rising, instead of coffee or juice, the water revs up the metabolism and starts the body's cleansing process.
- Avoid eating fast food all together!! Fast food is full of hidden fats, sodium and processed to the point it's lost all nutritional value. Your body has a difficult time assimilating highly processed foods. Instead pack a lunch full of raw veggies, lean turkey breast or albacore tuna and fresh organic fruit. These whole foods are full of fiber, natural vitamins and anti-oxidants that will help your body assimilate food to use and burn as energy instead of being stored as fat.
- Incorporate more exercise into your routine. Walk on treadmill for one hour a day, take a group fitness class like kick boxing, step aerobics or gym ball or yoga class. Cardio is important for raising the heart rate and burning calories but you'll also want to build muscle - the more muscle you carry the more calories you'll burn during the day. Beginners should start with just walking at a comfortable pace on a treadmill or on a trail.
- Drink one glass of green tea a day. The anti-oxidants in green tea will help fight illness as well as, rev up the metabolism. Research claims people who drink one glass a day can lose up to 7 lbs in a year from doing this alone.
- Eat a big breakfast. If you wake up and you don't feel hungry that is because your body is already in starvation mode. If it kicks into this mode to often when you do eat, it won't burn the calories for energy it will instead save them for later when you are not feeding your body. Fat is simply stored energy.
- Avoid white sugar and white flour. White sugar and flour can be addicting. White flour when mixed with water turns to paste in the body and clogs the digestive track slowing down the metabolism. Instead use organic whole grain flour that has not been processed or striped of fiber.
Contact us for a spine evaluation and more information about getting or staying in shape.